This study introduces students to a wide variety of composers, but through works especially captivating to children. An assortment of picture books designed to accompany the works further augment the study.
- is designed for a full year (3 terms/36 weeks), but can be altered, if needed
- offers teaching notes, activity suggestions, some printable pages, exam prompts and thirty-six lessons which coordinate with the Children's Classics CD
- is designed for early elementary children primarily, but can certainly be used with slightly older students
Some of the many selections include:
- The Young Person’s Guide to the Orchestra
- Scenes from Childhood
- Children's Games
- The Carnival of the Animals
- The Flight of the Bumble-Bee
- Peter and the Wolf
- The Sorcerer's Apprentice
Some of the many composers include: Britten, Schumann, L. Mozart, Tchaikovsky, Debussy, Saint-Saens and Bizet.
This guide is already included in both Year One: The Complete Guide and in Foundations: Lesson Plans for Year one. You do not need to purchase this guide if you have purchased or plan to purchase either of these two guides.
Spotlights: Introduction to Music
Please be aware that PDF files are only accessible for 30 days! You need to download your files to your computer or print them within this time range. Thank you!